Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding


     I am a panda lover, so this week, I'm going to introduce a lovely place to you--Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (short Chengdu Panda Base) is a non-profit organization engaged in wildlife research, captive breeding, conservation education, and international educational tourism. It is located in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987, with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. By 2011, Chengdu's captive population has increased to 108 individuals. This place covers an area of almost 200 hectares. Red pandas, golden monkeys, and other rare animals also live and breed here. I have been there once, and I will visit there again when I go back to China next time. The giant pandas and the red pandas are very adorable!

Panda cubs
Pandas are playing
Two panda cubs and a panda breeder
Red panda

2 comments:

  1. awww, so adorable! I remember reading a few articles regarding the important of pandas and how they are preserving its animal (or something like this). Pandas are so cute! I would watch videos on YouTube about these creatures (but I'm more of a person who loves watching cat videos/pictures). May this organization preserve the pandas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yajing,
    WOW!!! These animals are so amazing!!! I did not even know that there were red pandas. I am glad that this organization is preserving one of the most endangered species on the earth.

    ReplyDelete