Friday, October 18, 2013

Venice

An aerial view of Venice
   I have heard a lot about Venice, but still not have a chance to visit this city. Venice, a city of beauty, charm, and romance, is located in northeastern Italy sited on a group of 118 small islands separated by canals and linked by bridges. This city is renowned for its architecture and art works. Venice is a magical place as it is one of the few cities in the world where the sound of cars are never heard. Imagining that sitting in a small boat on the river and enjoying the sight of the characteristic buildings on both sides. Don't you feel relaxed or peaceful? Moreover, I want to experience the Carnival of Venice, an annual festival held in Venice. Everyone dresses in elaborate costumes and wears various, colorful marks. They dance and make reunions in San Marco Square, and the city becomes even more energetic and enchanting. I hope I can visit this city soon!

A lady wearing elaborate costume and distinctive mask.
Venice at night
I really love this picture!

1 comment:

  1. Venice is one of those places that is on my bucket list of places to visit. I love everything about Europe the rich history, culture, and tradition. I love the way people in Venice need to travel by boat and therefore you eliminate the noise of vehicles. I can imagine how beautiful it would be to see the Carnival of Venice the colorful costume above is stunning. I hope your dream of visiting this beautiful place comes true soon!

    ReplyDelete