Saturday, October 12, 2013

Old Town of Lijiang

     Old Town of Lijiang (also called Dayan Old Town), a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Lijiang City, Yunnan, China, with its beautiful culture of Naxi people, unique old wooden houses along the canals, and picturesque gardens. This old town has two faces. In daytime, especially in the early morning, it is plain, neat and quietly elegant. Along the street is full of interesting handicraft shops and old styled tea houses. After sunset, this Old Town becomes gorgeous, pretty and lively as it is brightly lit with red lanterns and spotlights. Along the street is full of clubs and bars, and music, either from pub singers or music player, either traditional or modern, either soft or loud. Old Town of Lijiang is a place for you to stay away the stressful life in the modern city and relax your mood.

Early morning in Old Town
Old Town with Jade Dragon Snow Mountain as background
Wisps of smoke rising continuously from a house in Old Town

Old Town at late night
Old Town at night

3 comments:

  1. Those are nice pictures! One day, I would like to travel to China and get to know the culture and all the historic places. I went to Thailand last year and I thought it was nice. I was gonna do a layover in China but I had to wait for 14 hours to catch my plane back to the states so I decided to do my layover in Japan which was only 8 hours :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures represented here are absolutely clear in quality! From what I can tell, it's like a mixture between old and modern China. Pretty nice combination. The place talked about here, I think this is a place for me because of the relaxed atmosphere I will be expecting. Since you're taking us to China, I would like to express my interest in visiting Hong Kong and Macau, but... no money & being able to speak Cantonese :( I don't think I'll be able to travel in the future since my family is tight on money. The last time I traveled was about four years ago to the Philippines, but it was one of the worst experience ever!! (coming from someone who isn't able to speak the language as well as not culturally Filipino) If given the chance, I would like to travel quite often to experience the thrill and excitement, of course, I must be guided by someone close who knows the language and culture, or a country that primarily speaks English, at least

    ReplyDelete
  3. This town looks gorgeous! The lanterns look so pretty at night. I've been to a few places in Asia such as Thai Land, Korea, and Japan, but I have yet to experience China! After seeing these pictures it's now on my bucket list. The cobble stone gives the town such a rustic feel, very cool.

    ReplyDelete