Sunday, December 15, 2013

12/15/13

     I woke up very early in the morning. Why? A friend of my friend came to Hawaii for about half a month, and we needed to pick her up at the airport. Maybe it is not a big deal for most of people because they have a car. They can just drive on the highway and straight to the airport. Unfortunately, we don't know how to drive. In addition, our friends who have a driver license and a car have to work. Therefore, we could only take the bus to the airport. It was a very long ride, which almost spent 1 hour... On the way to home, the weather got terrible! Heavy rain, shiny lightning, and loud thunder! We didn't bring any umbrellas. We took a chartered a taxi rather than took a bus to home because we didn't want to get wet, so did the baggage. The taxi driver wad nice and dropped us off just in front of my friend's living apartment. However, when we opened the taxi door, we were shocked. The road was full of water. I mean...the whole street was like a big fish tank or a pool. Actually, I love rainy day because it is cool and refreshing. However, Hawaii's rainy days make me crazy! The roads always remain inundated with water due to slow drainage, including today. Pedestrians always get wet when they walking on the street because of the slow drainage, especially when there are vehicles passing them. This is just what I experienced today :( I hope the drainage system can be improved in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment